Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Tuesday thoughts

Swivel chairs are great.  Especially on wood floors:)  My eight-month-old granddaughter spent a recent Saturday with us and one of her accoutrements included a walker.  Oh my, did she and Grammy have fun!  We would race from one end of the house to the other--she in her walker and me in my green swivel chair.  I knew she was enjoying this activity because at one point I had returned to the front room and was peeking out from behind the piano.  Little Missy was leaning sideways to see around the corner and a grin split her little face when she espied me:)  She also crinkles up that cute little nose, pants and waves her little arms up and down when she's excited about something.  Like magazines on the coffeetable---yummy things to chew on!

Chickens are funny critters.  I have a baker's dozen and when I let them out in the afternoon to free-range, they make a beeline for the birdfeeder which is placed in front of the living room window.  Hens really do look like a bunch of little old ladies hitching up their skirts as they run.  Rudy the rooster, of course, follows along at a more leisurely pace.  Personally, I think it's because he is trying to avoid being henpecked.

Halfway through June already, can you believe it?  And my summer is already starting to fill up with plans:  a trip to Yellowstone NP for an early 80th birthday bash for my mom; my 11-year-old granddaughter coming for a long visit in July, then flying back to Oklahoma with her in August.  Then back to the farm to make apricot and peach jams--yum!  Last year was a banner year for fruits, but this spring has been so cold and wet that we won't have as many to choose from.  However, we should have more apples than last year's harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment